Analytical Ops Engineer Risk Management
Your work environment:
The Non-Financial Risk Reporting (NFRR) squad is part of the Reporting, Data & Analytics (RDA) tribe, which on its turn is part of the ING Risk COO domain. The Non-Financial Risk Reporting squad currently consists of four team members and a Product Owner.
The squad is responsible for internal, external and regulatory reporting for Non-Financial Risk. The squad performs the calculation of operational risk capital according to the Advanced Measurement Method (AMA) and as such is working in close cooperation with the Modelling Team.
Next to the regular reports, the squad is involved in (regulatory) ad-hoc requests and various change initiatives (e.g. stress test, AMA review, continuous improvement initiatives, etc).
Main stakeholders in this role are Risk management (Compliance, Operational and Risk Modelling teams), Finance, Legal, Regulators (ECB/DNB), Auditors (internal and external), Business Units and other teams within Risk COO.
RDA adopted the One Agile Way of Working in which various squads and chapters have been defined. These are high performing, self-organising teams each with their own purpose. The current vacancy resides in the Non-Financial Risk Reporting squad.
Openness in communication and “can do” mentality are important characteristics of the department.
The Non-Financial Risk Reporting squad is looking for an energetic and ambitious colleague to support and strengthen the Bank’s Operational Risk Capital calculation and reporting activities.
In this role you will have the opportunity to support the critical and dynamic Operational Risk deliverables to internal and external stakeholders of ING Bank. This includes investigation and improve the SAS Advanced Management Approach environment (e.g. performance, stp’s. Etc.). The squad is responsible for calculation, analysis and reporting on ING Bank’s operational risk capital position and trends and allocation of capital to local business units. Other reporting activities concern, Credibility Weight Bencmark, Event Risk and Non Financial Risk Dashboard reporting. Apart from regular deliverables, the squad also involved in ad-hoc requests from the regulataor.
Working in the Non-Financial Risk Reporting squad will give you the opportunity to get a thorough understanding of (the development of) ING’s global operational risk profile and offers good opportunities for personal development. In this process, you will work closely with (senior) staff of both Non-Financial Risk, Finance, Modelling team, etc.
Are you looking for the opportunity to work in an enthusiastic, international team which is continuously looking for further improvements, then this job is something to apply for!
Who we are looking for (expertise)?
- Master in Econometrics, Economics, Finance or other quantitative studies;
- Scripting knowledge (especially SAS);
- Thorough knowledge / practical experience of database management and spreadsheets;
- Banking Experience and knowledge of CRD IV/ CRR modelling concepts and management (e.g. RWA, Expected Loss, Loss Events and Risks);
- Data Analysis skills and experience in Data Quality improvements;
- Experience in optimising risk control environment (e.g. strengthening documentation and execution of processes, procedures, controls);
- Continuous focus on process improvements and standardisation;
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Preferably familiar with ING non-financial risk systems and processes (i-risk) and Agile and/or Scrum methodology;
- Preferably familiar with Agile and/or Scrum methodology.
Personal Profile (personal skills)
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail;
- Communicative, accurate and able to work with challenging deadlines;
- Good team player, strong collaboration skills;
- Strong process and control mind-set;
- An accurate, pro-active and hands-on self-starter, enjoying collaboration across the bank
- Flexible and eager to adopt and contribute to new Agile way of working;
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English.
- 36 - 40 uur