We are looking for a Technical Writer already based in the Netherlands
Touchpoint is an open technology platform that lies at the heart of a collaborative ecosystem. Where expertise, tools and services are brought together, stimulating value-creating collaboration between producers, consumers, and partners. From business owners to engineers, architects, designers, customer journey experts and everyone who likes to turn smart ideas into business opportunities.
Touchpoint not only brings supply and demand together in one marketplace but also allows for innovative business solutions to be developed at a global scale. Serving as a broker for teams across ING and third parties to interact, help and inspire one another, resulting in a network effect that makes it easy to collaborate and accelerates building journeys by reusing components and solutions for a faster time to market and volume.
A Technical Writer is responsible for ensuring consumers of our internal products have the best documentation readily available to them. They communicate complex information clearly, concisely, and accurately, and without relying on jargon. In this role you work alongside our platform and product teams to determine what constitutes great documentation and how best it should be structured and consumed. As Lead Technical Writer your knowledge and expertise will be fundamental in forming policies and standards required for both curation and quality control. As Lead Technical Writer you will lead and coach engineers that write technical documentation, establishing a guild to improve the technical writing craft within our organisation.
As Technical Writer you will:
- Be responsible for establishing the information hierarchy of our documentation structure, design, and layout
- Take an active role in ensuring documentation is best in class, including brining improvements to legacy content
- Work with our User Experience team to identify pain points from readers of the documentation and understanding the needs of your users to the technical writing guild
- Stand up for the user and champion the importance of good documentation and user-facing content
- Increase satisfaction, user-friendliness, and accessibility of ING’s (internal) services to create an optimum, authentic, and consistent user experience
- Assess community feedback and content performance
- Review, challenge, and copy edit the content created by non-writers and drive best practices in technical writing with others.
- Supervises Technical Writers
- Create and coordinate a Technical Writer’s Guild
The following characteristics apply:
- Enjoys working with developers and product owners to deliver quality documentation
- Is not afraid to speak their mind and likes to take ownership. Determined to influence content, drive the documentation strategy, experience, and tooling
- Impeccable writing and editing skills, and an open approach to peer reviews
- Is seen as a go-to-person when encountering challenges
- Has a forward-looking horizon of 1 to 2 years
- Challenges and improves their own work and that of colleagues continuously and vice versa
- Serves as an example of giving and receiving feedback and acts upon it
- Sets the rules for activities and enhances them
What you bring to the team:
- University or higher vocational degree (University / Post Graduate Degree) preferably in a computer science related field or subject
- 7+ years of experience writing documentation for a technical audience
- 5+ years of experience coaching and/or supervising Technical Writers
- Previous experience leading a Documentation Platform or Technical Writing team is a bonus
- Strong communication and cross-group collaboration capabilities
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Innovative and strategic thinker with an eye for detail
- Strong communicator and presenter with the ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- A high-quality portfolio review presentation is required to interview for this role. Your presentation should communicate your work experience and demonstrate your design and communication skills.
- Written and spoken fluency in English