As Reliability Engineer in your scrum team, you will be working on iDEAL, one of the most important payment platforms in The Netherlands. You are contributing to good quality and future proof IT solutions. You also will align with Chapter Leads and relevant stakeholders.
From a reliability perspective, you feel the need to think along with technical or architectural decisions and challenge others to get to the best solutions. You know how to set up load balancers, you have knowledge about the benefits and disbenefits of different data center regions, and are familiar with concepts like active/active versus active/passive.
Above is not only applicable to you own applications, but you will also have a pro-active mindset and mentality to dive further in the chain of applications, services and people to help and create a resilient landscape for your applications. Being able to look into application code would also help!
Your core tasks:
- Build monitoring
- Apply alerting
- Incident management
- Problem solving
- Report to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that the NFRs are applied
- Ensure that the deliveries meet the acceptance criteria
You feel at home in a technical environment and are always up to date on the latest technologies. You recognize yourself in the following profile:
- 3+ years of experience in Reliability Engineering, or 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, System Engineering or Software Quality Assurance
- Strong experience with public cloud solutions, preferably Azure
- ITIL4 certification
- Experience with programming languages, preferably Java
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills in English
- Experience in working DevOps
- Advanced with CI/CD tooling and release management
- Understand and act upon the Scrum values (openness, courage, commitment, respect and focus)
- Experienced in incident management, change management and crisis management preferably in the payments area
- Understands what kind of monitoring is needed and ensures that the right monitoring and alerting is available to the team
- You educate yourself with the right technical capabilities and the latest developments in your area of expertise, and actively participate in knowledge gaining and sharing